Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving...!

Hello Friends... Happy Thanksgiving...!

I decided not to make both a ham and a turkey today... I made sure I had Monica's blessing first, though...

I think I'll smoke the ham tomorrow or Saturday... When I cook the ham I want it to have the spotlight so I can really focus on detail and do a good job... I'm going to start brining it a little later this afternoon.

I had a little bit of a late start on the turkey. I didn;t have the temperature in the smoker right until about 10 AM so I'm a couple of hours behind schedule which will put our Thanksgiving dinner on the table at around 4:30 PM or so...

That's OK, we're 'grazing' so don't worry about us... -No one's going to go hungry around this house...

Elijah's been helping me with the Turkey this morning. That's been very fun. I want him to have fond memories of cooking with daddy...!

Everything's pretty much under control here...

I'm about to make some dressing and giblet gravy...

Now this is where my blogs pay off for me... -Last year's gravy and dressing were pretty good, and all I have to do is go back into my blog archives to find the recipe. I'll probably 'tweak' it a little and let you know it went later...

No comments: