Monday, May 30, 2011

Backyard Grilling -Memorial Day 2011

Ah... I am enjoying a peaceful, relaxing Memorial Day grilling in my back yard... I have a really sweet set up with my charcoal pit under the shade of a big pecan tree. I have a comfortable folding chair and am enjoying a cool refreshing beverage while pecking away on my laptop...!

There is a breeze, it's quiet. I am blessed...!

So what's on the menu today...? Grilled veggie shish ka bobs, veggie sausage, and Monica's famous homade potato salad. Oh yeah, and REAL Hebrew National All Beef hotdogs for Connor... Everyone else in the family is on a vegan diet....

Going Vegan about six months months ago has really put a dent in my back yard grilling. No more smoked meats for this family...! But I have decided to really become an expert in the art of grilling veggies this summer. I just love the smell of a charcoal grill.

We have discovered some really excellent veggie sausage. It makes absolutely GREAT hotdogs.

Although it is impossible for me to admit that I have tasted or prepared my last rack of baby back ribs... I can honestly say that I have not missed meat too much.

And I am definitely reaping the health benefits of a meatless diet for the past 6 months. As I compose this post I am looking at dropping under 200 lbs for the first time in ten years. I have lost close to 30 lbs in the past six months and havn't felt this good in a long time...!

Will be adding some photos later this evening...!

Happy Memorial Day...!

No comments: